Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Local Boy Has Rare Food Allergy Disease....

is what the title to this KAAL News Story is.

In efforts to raise awareness, Fallon Schultz has been contacting, and getting interviews with, her local news programs.   Last week, her son was featured in this article.   This morning, he was featured on ABC national news, with a TV interview set to air next week (Tuesday).    I've been contemplating how/when I will contact local news here as well, and this was just the ticket!

Another FPIES mom (thanks Kendall) knew I would be excited about his story and e-mailed it to me this morning.    We both thought, why not contact local papers and news?  I looked up the 3 main ones here in our city, and contacted them through their websites- just sending them a quick e-mail that this story is being highlighted nationally, would they like the opportunity to tell it locally as well?   I barely sent the message and got a reply back- the reporter wanted the story right away.  I had the chance to take a break from work to run home to do the quick interview.  My goal is to raise awareness to help other families and I feel they did our story justice and I am grateful they responded to the call.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! So exciting that this is all happening. If I still lived 'back home' I'd contact local news...but I recently moved to nowheresville and the closest newstation is over an hour away and no one around here knows me or my family anyway so I don't think it'd carry as much of a punch. :(

    ReplyDelete