Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dippin Dots!

Hemp milk, peaches, the possibilities are endless....well, ok they aren't endless but it does make for a fun and easy treat for Little man!!   All thanks to his Awesome Aunty A!!!  Thanks for thinking of us A!


My sister, A., has helped us along this journey more times than I can count, in more ways than I can count.  This week, it was in this thoughtful gift of a Dippin Dot maker.  It only requires me to put a liquid in the little dispenser, no additions to make him some "ice cream"!! In DOTS- his favorite food shape! :)

Dippin dots for dinner, dippin dots for breakfast- he even asks for them!  Love you A.!!!

Although you may not hear it as often as you should, you're appreciated so much.  
I wish I had a new way to say thank you....
a way that would really express
how much your kindness has meant to me.
You have a way of touching lives...
of making days
a little brighter,
hearts a little happier,
and problems seem
a whole lot smaller.
You're a wonderful gift to me,
and my life is better
because you're in it.
  ---Linda Lee Elrod

No comments:

Post a Comment