Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Challenges


Worried about little man falling off the table? Not as much as I'm worried that now he can get FOOD off the table!! We haven't taken milk out of the house....yet. My other boys need the nourishment that a glass of milk, a slice of cheese, a cup of yogurt or pudding provides. The rule is: eat it at the table and clean up when you are done. Works well with a 9 and 7 yr old but a 2yr.old? More helicopter parenting in my own house for me....
The pantry has a lock on it, the fridge will be next. The 5 words that turn my stomach the most right now? "Can-I-have-a-snack?"!! Feeding one child only means putting another one at risk when that little one can't have dairy, rice or corn (and right now, nothing else). Challenges....challenges we are still adapting too....

No comments:

Post a Comment