Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Friday, May 27, 2011

Squigle

Toothpaste!! We have a safe toothpaste! It is Squigle We've been doing it for a few months now- off and on in teeny-tiny amounts. I have never noticed any symptoms, no building symptoms, no questionable symptoms. Nothing. Second easiest trial so far (hemp milk being the easiest). In fact, I think he even has a better day when he's brushed his teeth! Is it because he is excited to brush his teeth? To be included in something his brothers do? To have a fun new taste in his mouth? Probably has something to do with it but I also have wondered if the xylitol (which can be made from corn but can be made from trees and this company uses the xylitol made from tree). I wonder if the xylitol acts as a prebiotic, which helps his probiotics, which help his gut flora, which help his whole system. I don't know, I just wonder. It's a pass, and we're taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment