Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Name is Mommy....

There are many things that FPIES has taken from me, from my family.   But some things will always remain the same.   My name is mommy.  

This print is hanging in the nursery, which is currently Little Man's bedroom - but it has hung in each of my boys' room. 

My Name Is Mommy....

I can talk on the phone, jiggle a baby on my hip and make a meal all at the same time.

I have been puked on, spit on, peed on, pooped on, chewed on, and pinched by little fingers.

I know the words to John Jacob Jiggleheimer Schmidt.

What is a hot meal?

My designer purse is now a 20# diaper bag.

My favorite scent is a freshly bathed child.

I know the cartoon schedule on PBS.

Favorite word -- NAP.

I can sleep all night in a rocking chair.

I get completely mushy over a drooly simple grin.

I no longer have complete control over my thoughts or my body....I try not to sneeze.

Toys grow and multiply.

I know the warmth, the joy, and the love of being a Mommy.

(author unknown)

The ironic thing about this print, is it is something you think you are reading for a tiny baby....that by 20mo. old you wouldn't think you'd still be talking about sleeping all night in rocking chairs, and carrying 20# diaper bags, or jiggling a baby on my hip, or even getting puked on!   But I often feel like we still have a newborn.   With feedings every 2hrs., not going far from the house because of the high needs, middle of the night wakings, it sure feels like we still have an infant in the house a lot of the time!

But there will always be comfort in the fact that some things never change- I will always be mommy.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post Joy. You are mommy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this, playing catch up!! So great, and so true about the newborn feeling!!

    ReplyDelete