Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Thursday, June 2, 2011

FPIES United Family Fund.....OOF-Da!!


OOF-Da Taco's that is!  HUGE thanks to OOF-Da Taco's for their generous donation of the proceeds from sales of OOF-Da Taco's at our Benefit/Fundraiser.    We were able to donate a sizeable amount to FPIES research, and suprassed our goal!!   Little Man's CHOP Fundraising page has just been updated to reflect that, check it out here: CHOP.  

The money is a great thing, don't get me wrong- we appreciate it to no end.   But what I am more grateful for was the manner in which it was given.  So generously, no conditions, all heart.   Parenteau's OOF-Da Taco's is close to my heart, always will be.  It was my first official job as a summer-working teenager.  I worked there for 4+summers.  It was a great first job, where hard work resulted in good pay.  Where you were appreciated for the hard work and responsibility you displayed.   My sisters followed suit and also worked for OOF-Da taco's, and my youngest sister still does.  She is a Manager and she not only planned our Little Man's Benefit/Fundraiser, she donated her time worked so that more of the profits could be donated to FPIES research.   The owner also donated his time (as if his profits wasn't enough!), and helped my sister selling taco's for FPIES research!!   OOF-Da Taco's is such a great company to work for, others donated their time to help out as well.   A-Mazing!  Simply amazing and blessed. 

I am so proud to Thank OOF-Da Taco's for their contribution and know that their generous donations, and those of others, will be instrumental in the research funds.  

1 comment:

  1. We are glad that we could help! We have been very blessed to have you and your sisters work for OOf-da Tacos, now and in the past. We will continue to pray for you and your entire family.
    Love Donna

    ReplyDelete