Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Toothless

No, not from the movie "How to train a dragon".....

Last night, we had a non-FPIES trip to the ER.....We had just eaten dinner and the boys were playing in the driveway and garage. Hubby was sitting outside with them, reading a Lego magazine the boys would stop every few minutes to look at the next page in the magazine. I was in the house, watching them while doing the dishes. Little man was getting fussy, so I went to make him a bottle and then hear a crash and a "Oh no, he fell" from one of the boys. I go to look and hubby is assessing the dripping blood on his face. Mudpie#2 yells out "he lost a tooth!". Chaos ensued (from me...hubby keeps his calm in these kind of moments- on the job training I guess). I had a flood of emotions and thoughts....NO- NO, not now, not his MOUTH!, Oh my gosh, is the bleeding going to stop? How bad is it? Is it just one tooth or his whole upper teeth? Did he do damage that will require a procedure to repair? Is he ok? Is he going to be able to eat? Drink? Suck from a bottle? What about speech? Does he really need this added complication? Is the bleeding stopping yet? We need to take him to the ER....

I wanted to cry, scream, ok- maybe I did scream, and cry....a little....in the kitchen while hubby was assessing Little man more in the bathroom. I was getting bottles and the boys ready- we needed to go to the ER and I didn't want to stay behind....and little man didn't want any of us to stay behind. We told him we needed to go to the doctor, he kept saying "no doctor, no". :(

It was a long evening and the boys learned a little about how quickly an accident can happen. But Little Man, the trooper that he is, has been handling it like a champ! And, he kinda looks cute with a toothless grin....although I'm already missing his sweet full-tooth smile. ;)

Oh, and what did he fall from? He was playing with a skateboard....one he has played with a million times before....

No comments:

Post a Comment