Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vacation!


We had a wonderful opportunity to turn an annual extended family gathering a long weekend into a week long stay at the lake.   I'm not even sure if my brothers and sisters (and their families) know the depth of how much this meant to our family.  To be able to stay at a cabin on the lake, and just "be" a family- with no schedules, no doctor appointments, no lab draws or weight checks...and only "lake time" to keep.  We were gone for 12days.  I pre-made his homemade formula and froze it; I left the computer and the research behind for those 12days.  I enjoyed the sun, activities and my boys.   

It was a good trip, and Little man did good.   We kept him safe from food exposures, again- thanks to our families for helping ensure that.   And we got plenty of sunshine.   Little man even managed a tan!  We marveled one day as we noticed his fingers were even tanned!  Watching him run, play, smile, laugh, and enjoy the sunshine and the downtime was priceless.  It's been another long year and to get to see him act and be so "normal" fills our hearts.   

Our 4yr.old put it well, as we drove into the driveway coming home after a weekend visit to the their grandparents...."what? I thought we were going back to the cabin...I don't want to go home....I want to live at the cabin".  

No comments:

Post a Comment