Mothers Intuition

Have you ever had an instinct? An instinct that begins as a gnawing...Then grows into a raging burn; a burning instinct that something is wrong...

Your baby continues to get sick from the very foods he is supposed to thrive on. I did. I am a mom of a little boy just diagnosed with FPIES.

And that burning feeling now? Extinguished. My instincts? Stronger than ever. Guiding me, with my faith, as we navigate through the murky waters of our new world created by something called FPIES.

"Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Once cooked and Twice Fried Potato Coins

Little Man loves crunchy things, always has. Part of his oral aversions and sensory issues? Maybe, maybe just part of his personality.  He enjoys a nice crunchy fry, and for some reason- he prefers them in 'coins' rather than strips. I was making them batch by batch for him, until I saw what this mom was doing with her real food french fries. Great idea and since adapting it,it is one of our most "convenient" food items! Little man loves his with lots of sea salt too!
"Once cooked, twice fried, potatoes coins", frozen and ready for their 2nd fry 

The recipe is linked above, but in case you missed it, here it is again: French Fries

1 comment: